Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommend an IOS Compatible Backup App

I am looking to transfer photos, music and documents from a Windows 10 pc to my FIRST iMac. I have tried the migration assistant, which has apparently completed successfully, I haven't been able to find the transferred date, truth be told I haven't had much time to look for it.

To this end I am looking for two bits of advice, if anyone can point me in the right direction of the data it would be appreciated, please dumb it down as I say I am a mac newbie.

I would also appreciate it if anyone could recommend a software to backup onto an external hdd from my pc which my mac will recognise.

TIA

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1, Windows pc running windows 10

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 5:22 AM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2017 6:20 PM in response to Brian3202

For data the easiest way is to click on a file in the finder and in the "File" menu click "Get Info".

You can also find out Date Created, Date Modified, Date Added, Date Last opened, Size, Version, Kind, Comments and tags in the main Finder window.

You may have to press the control key and click on the top of the Finder window to select what information is shown by default

As to backups Carbon Copy is recommended by a lot here, as is the built in Time Machine. You may need to reformat your PC disc.

Recommend an IOS Compatible Backup App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.