Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 12” 2015 showing to replace battery only after 106 cycle count. Anybody else with this issue?

My product is a space grey 2015 macbook 12” retina. I had bought it in Jan 2016.

It’s operating on mac os high sierra.

The mac won’t start without being plugged into power. It asks me to replace the battery. Now even if it’s on power, it dies within a few minutes of start up. The mac immediately shuts if I plug it out of power.

The worst part? The cycle count is 106.

Should we even consider buying macs anymore?

This one’s gonna cost me 20.6k INR for getting it fixed.

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:15 PM

Hi Guywithmacbook,

I understand that your MacBook Pro was receiving a message to replace the battery, but now it powers off after a few minutes even if it's plugged in. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you start by resetting the SMC. The following article will show you how:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support
If you continue having this issue or continue to see a message to replace your battery, I recommend that you contact Apple Support.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 8:15 PM in response to Guywithmacbook

Hi Guywithmacbook,

I understand that your MacBook Pro was receiving a message to replace the battery, but now it powers off after a few minutes even if it's plugged in. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you start by resetting the SMC. The following article will show you how:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support
If you continue having this issue or continue to see a message to replace your battery, I recommend that you contact Apple Support.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Macbook 12” 2015 showing to replace battery only after 106 cycle count. Anybody else with this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.