Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB audio device not showing as core audio device since 10.13.2 update

My old M-Audio USB device worked fine as a core audio device on my iMac until 10.13.2 update - It still works fine on my MacBook which is still 10.13.1 and works fine on my iMac when booted as Windows 10.

Something in the recent update has stopped this working??

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:08 AM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2017 10:13 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks but I have not been using a specific driver for my interface just relying on Core Audio compatibility.

I think the last specific driver was December 2014 (Its an old interface but still suits my needs)

Interestingly the release notes for the 10.13.2 update says;

"Improves compatibility with certain third-party USB audio devices"

Not in my case it seems 😟

Dec 13, 2017 12:00 AM in response to den.thed

Yes - The interface just doesn't appear in Audio MIDI setup any more.

OSX cannot "see" the interface at all any more since the upgrade to 10.13.2

The same iMac booted into Windows 10 all works perfectly so there is nothing wrong with the USB ports/cable/interface it is a software issue for the new version of OSX.

Dec 16, 2017 8:30 AM in response to Dr-RJN

Im having this kind of problem too but with Airplay speakers (via wifi). They still connect together but streaming quality has been significantly deteriorated. Streaming using the computer instead of using an iPhone used to bee notably better but both now sound the same and most importantly, volume now is about 70% of what it was before on the same volume settings. Speakers I use are: Bang & Olufsen A6 and a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless. Tried all the resets and none worked. Also have another 10.13.1 MacBook and that one doesn't have the problem and streams perfectly but the computer with the problem is my new one and it's 2017 15 inch 2.9 Ghz model!!!.

Apple please help us, I've chatted 4 times with costumer service and no one had a real clue about how sound streaming works in detail.

USB audio device not showing as core audio device since 10.13.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.