Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Watch 3 with 4G from Switzerland works in the Germany?

My brother wanted to bring me a apple watch 3 lte from Switzerland to Germany. My question is, will it work in Germany since Switzerland and Germany uses same LTE and UMTS bands? Telekom is currently offering lte service in apple watch here in Germany. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 5:57 AM

23 replies

Dec 12, 2017 7:14 AM in response to arnab fromroslyn heights

The model of Apple Watch used in Switzerland and Germany is the same one.

If Telekom can set it up with their service in Germany, it should indeed work there.

However, the Apple Watch cannot roam outside its carrier's service area, that is, it cannot connect to other carriers when out of the area/country of the carrier providing the cellular service.

If you intend to use it with Telekom in Germany it will not have cellular service when out of the country except through the paired iPhone.

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Dec 12, 2017 10:14 AM in response to Phil0124

From apple sales(call) service, they said, at the moment they have information that it will not work crossborder. It will only work at the country of origin. From telekom, they said they have no information whether it will work or not but they can try if i order an esim. They also said me to contact with apple for exact information.

Dec 12, 2017 11:10 AM in response to arnab fromroslyn heights

Same model of watch for both countries, with same bands. I don't see why it would not work on a supported watch carrier like Telekom.

However, its now up to you to make a choice. Either you get it and try it out with Telekom, or you assume it won't work and leave it at that.

If you do try it out, worst case is it does not work with Telekom, and you can't use the cellular features. Everything else about the watch will work normally with the paired iPhone. So its not like the cellular part not working is going to stop you using the watch pretty much normally. You'll just have to have the paired iPhone nearby.

Dec 13, 2017 7:07 AM in response to arnab fromroslyn heights

arnab fromroslyn heights wrote:

I have new information today. Apple watch lte is country locked.. said by apple sales representative in apple store frankfurt..

I doubt seriously that is true. But at this point as said, you are the one that needs to make the choice. Get it and try it out or not,

Again worst case is you simply cannot use the cellular features. That's all that will happen. The watch will work like a regular non cellular GPS Series 3.

Does Apple Watch 3 with 4G from Switzerland works in the Germany?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.