Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: avery labels or insert a template into an existing document

I have an existing Pages document. I want to add a page to it and apply a template I have saved to just that page I'm adding? Can I do that?

Here is what I'm actually trying to do, mailing labels. I've downloaded Avery template 5160. I open it up but when I try and duplicate it so I have multiple pages of that template only the first page has the Avery yellow guidelines that show where the label actually is.

When I duplicate it - it does have the text boxes where the addresses go but it doesn't have the label guidelines. Is there any way to duplicate them?

Since I seem unable to do that I made it a template, which has the yellow lines but I can't seem to insert that into an existing document and when I open up a new document with the saved Avery label template again when you duplicate the pages it loses the yellow label guides.

Thanks for any help.

Susan

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), iphone 6, ipad, Apple TV new imac

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 12, 2017 5:18 PM in response to susan-kelly In response to susan-kelly

I understand that. Contacts does have Groups and you can import all those into a Group of their own using CSV data.

Alternately use LibreOffice [free[ which has both a database and spreadsheet, as part of its suite, and you can merge from that.

Also Pages '09 merges from Numbers '09.

Or you can use the AppleScript merge script floating around in this forum somewhere. Bit high maintenance for me, but might be worth it for 5000 contacts.

If you have such a long list, what is it in now and why can't you run this from a database, directly, printing to labels?

Or by setting up columns with a bit of Text Styles you can position everything so they fall in the right places for printing from a Word processing document.

Lastly:

Menu > View > Show layout > Select all to see the textboxes.

Peter

Dec 12, 2017 5:18 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: susan-kelly

Question: avery labels or insert a template into an existing document