Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync in ical

Hi, after updating my Mac, my calendar is no longer in sync with my phone. If I write a task on my phone I can not see it on my computer. Does any other have the same problem?

mac pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 8:43 AM

Calendars are not actually sync-ed at all.

If a calendar in not being updated, it is likely because it is not a Master calendar but a strictly private one that exists only on your computer.

Instead, the Master Calendar is placed on a server visible on the internet and all appropriate users subscribe to it. If you have more than one Apple device, you can easily use a master calendar on your iCloud account for this purpose, even for readers who are not Apple-connected.

Keep your Calendar up to date with iCloud - Apple Support

Mac Basics: Calendar keeps your appointments - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 8:43 AM in response to Lundhelleskov

Calendars are not actually sync-ed at all.

If a calendar in not being updated, it is likely because it is not a Master calendar but a strictly private one that exists only on your computer.

Instead, the Master Calendar is placed on a server visible on the internet and all appropriate users subscribe to it. If you have more than one Apple device, you can easily use a master calendar on your iCloud account for this purpose, even for readers who are not Apple-connected.

Keep your Calendar up to date with iCloud - Apple Support

Mac Basics: Calendar keeps your appointments - Apple Support

Dec 12, 2017 8:49 AM in response to Lundhelleskov

Check

Calendar > Preferences > Accounts ...

... to be sure the information there is still valid, and that the calendar is [√] Enabled

If you last updated to High Sierra, know that Apple File Protocol (AFP) has been removed, and some network connections may need to be set up again. be sure you are using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).

Sync in ical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.