Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Color LaserJet CM1312mfi not printing

Seems to be a recent problem when I try and print an image or pdf the printer gives me the printer works fine when I print text based output e.g. emails etc. I've tried removing it and reinstalling and even connecting it via USB and changing the protocol used. Seems that the printer is being send commands that are not recognised.

Can't pinpoint when it stopped working because its dental claims that I routinely print out PDF's.

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: New

STACK:

/AAAAAC+*Times

/FontName

Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13), High Sierra 10.12.6 upgrade

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 6:00 AM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2017 6:12 AM in response to simonfromascot

From what you are posting the error appears to be with the parsing or the source of the creation of the PDF not the printer. If its coming from a particular source what is the source? If you are scanning from a scanner it's possible the drivers are incompatible with the OS, or they claim to work and they simply don't for scanning to print. If they are coming from another source it's possible the software producing them is not producing PDF's that like your application of choice any longer.

If you are printing from a particular App like Acrobat try a different App like preview.

If the PDF's are failing in any App open the PDF in Preview and save it again as a PDF with a new name.

despite the fact you may inclined to say "I could print them before" the issue is with parsing, you can either report to bug (if it is a bug) to Apple or try my suggestion or both.

Faling that reset your printing system

macOS Sierra: Reset the printing system

and make sure you have the correct drivers for your OS. If the manufacturer does not have them on their site contact the manufacturer and see if they can provide an alternative.

Dec 12, 2017 6:50 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Thanks Jimmy, printing from different machines applications etc. all have the same issue with images.

I've also done a printer reset and High Sierra has the latest drivers builtin so there is nothing more I can do for driver updates it seems.

If I print from a virtual Linux box or Windows box then the printer works perfectly. Seems its a High Sierra issue.

HP Color LaserJet CM1312mfi not printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.