Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use an apple extreme and express purchased in the usa to set up a wifi network in the uk?

can i use an apple extreme and express purchased in the usa to set up a wifi network in the uk?

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:25 AM

Yes, assuming that you have the right kind of AC plug adapter, but this would not be recommended because the U.S. and U.K. use different WiFi channels, so there may be some issues if you try this, and you may likely see some messages about a region WiFi channel conflict.

The bottom line here is that you won't know how well things will work until you try them out.

For example, the U.K. uses Channels 1-13 for the 2.4 GHz band. The U.S. uses 1-11. Some of the higher 5 GHz channels may not be legal in the U.K. so it would be a good idea to set the AirPorts to use channels 30-48 on the 5 GHz band.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 7:25 AM in response to rdgc

Yes, assuming that you have the right kind of AC plug adapter, but this would not be recommended because the U.S. and U.K. use different WiFi channels, so there may be some issues if you try this, and you may likely see some messages about a region WiFi channel conflict.

The bottom line here is that you won't know how well things will work until you try them out.

For example, the U.K. uses Channels 1-13 for the 2.4 GHz band. The U.S. uses 1-11. Some of the higher 5 GHz channels may not be legal in the U.K. so it would be a good idea to set the AirPorts to use channels 30-48 on the 5 GHz band.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.