Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Total Frames in iMovie 10

Hi,

I've seen this question answered for older versions of iMovie but I can't figure this out for iMovie 10. I need to be able to see the total frames in a given clip, and to be able to see what frame I am currently on when going frame by frame in the video (like frame 15/100).

Anyone have any idea how to see this?

Thank you

-Amanda

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:08 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 5:35 PM in response to amanda128891

Unfortunately iMovie 10 has no option to display frame count and since it doesn't accept plugins there is no third party option available. Although it is tedious you can use the minutes seconds time display and with the frame rate calculate the frame you are on. The frame rate is set by the first clip you add to the project. To find the frame you are on put the playhead where you want to know the frame. Then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the playhead to where the seconds change over. Then use the arrow keys and count frames until you get to the actual frame you want. Then it is just math to total up the frames. Wish there was an easier way.

Total Frames in iMovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.