Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing files between two Macs

Hello,

It is the my corrected question with inside the screen shot themselves. Looking forward for any help and assistance.

I have two iMacs standing side by side running HS last version and having 16 GB memory.

In both Macs file sharing is active. This is the situation on my Mac:

User uploaded file

The problem is that when I am trying to transfer a file from my Mac to the neighbor one via file sharing it is functioning very well. But when coming to the second mac and trying to do the same thing I am failing and getting these situations. First is the attempt to connect from the second Mac to my Mac. I try to do it in the three available possibilities.

User uploaded file

And the result is always connection failed as presented here:

User uploaded file

I'll appreciate any help and assistance to solve this problems.

Thanks and regards

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:35 AM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2017 9:40 PM in response to cooprik

Thanks for your reply. It didn't help me since it gave me the obvious which I was done already as shown in my attached screen shots above.

I repeat that form one mac to another file sharing works perfectly. But, the file sharing from the other Mac to the first Mac doesn't work, even thogh the configuration is as explaineed by Apple.

I am continueing in seeking help and assitance to solve my problem.

Sharing files between two Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.