Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Apple Watch with iPhone after watchOS 4.2 and IOS 11.2

Since lasted updates, Apple Watch can’t sync with iPhone, the Apple Watch freeze and I need to turn off and on, and the Apple Watch start sync.

I have this issue about 3 times per day.

I have Apple Watch serie 3, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:47 AM

13 replies

Dec 12, 2017 7:51 AM in response to jmrbr

Hi

It may help to follow the instructions here, including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

It may also help to check for any potential sources of interference:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to your Apple Watch.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart (normally) your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, next unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If either issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Dec 24, 2017 12:54 AM in response to jmrbr

That doesn’t work. It’s not an issue that can be fixed by resetting the watch.

In fact, it can’t even be fixed by replacing it.

Apple replaced my Nike Watch Series 2 after it required three store visits, and two times where they sent it off to repair.

The first time it came back because they couldn’t find an issue.

The second time they replaced it, stating that they still couldn’t find an issue.

When it came back replaced, it had a version of 3 on it and that worked great for three days.

Then I installed 4.2, and well, it’s awful again.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus, so I think the issue may lie in how that syncs.

I’ve noticed it goes to the Apple logo and then what happens is it doesn’t grab the location data at all for my Sunrise/Sunset complication. That remains blank indefinitely.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Dec 18, 2017 1:27 PM in response to Rloisi

How many Watch do you have paired? What is the serie of the Watch? And what is the iPhone model?

I have a serie 3 and 1, and an iPhone 7 Plus, and I unpaired the serie 1, and install the IOS 11.2.1 and reset the iPhone and Watch, and it is working.

I tried to pair the serie 1, again, and the problem came back, I think there is a problem on IOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.2 with the serie 1, or more than one Watch paired.

The IOS 11.2.1 fixed the issue for serie 3, but not serie 1, or for more than one Watch paired.

Dec 18, 2017 2:40 PM in response to Rloisi

My suggestion for you is backup your iPhone using your computer (don’t forget to encrypt the backup to keep your data) and reinstall the IOS 11.2.1 using iTunes and restore from backup.

Your Watch will unpair during the process.

After you restore your iPhone from backup, pair your Watch as a “new” Watch, and install the apps on the Watch that you needs.

I believe this will make your Watch to sync again with your iPhone.

I hope this can help you.

Before you all this work make sure you have your Bluetooth on and try to check if the Watch is connecting with the iPhone using the Watch app from your iPhone, if is connecting try to sync with the Health app, if it isn’t sync you need to follow the steps above.

Good luck.

Dec 24, 2017 7:42 AM in response to todzilla78

You are right, after a few hours after reset the problem re-appear.

I reboot my Apple Watch, this method works for a few hours and then it stopped. The problem re-appear again.

After a reboot I turned on the Airplane Mode on my Apple Watch so that it can disconnect from the iPhone, and works, then I turned it off. Once both iPhone and Apple Watch are connected again, the app automatically syncs with all the latest information, but after a few hours the problem te-appear again.

I am using my Apple Watch on Airplane mode and I sync one time per day with Health and Activity apps, and after synchronized, I turn on the Airplane Mode again, to avoid the problem.

I have Apple Care, but I don’t think they can solve the problem, and I agree with you that replace the Apple Watch will not solve the issue.

Did your problem starts after the upgrade to IOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.2? Mine start after that.

Do you have any sleep app installed?

I have iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch serie 3.

Dec 25, 2017 11:08 PM in response to jmrbr

I also have the same issue after update my apple watch (OS 4.2) and iphone X (11.2.1). I had one watch in spare. right after the update my watch kept restarting on a loop. I tried each and every solution posted in these forums but to no avail. Then I used my spare watch, updated it and the same issue persist. It is clearly a software issue and Apple is not realizing the same. We have to I think wait and watch until the next update.

Sync Apple Watch with iPhone after watchOS 4.2 and IOS 11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.