Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any reason to not use a one piece strap?

Hi guys.

I just got my first apple watch.

I prefer to use straps I already own.

I bought aftermarket lugs that make the apple watch behave like a regular watch when it comes to straps.

I typically use one piece straps that go underneath the watch.

Would there be any issues using a strap like this with the apple watch?
I just want to make sure it's ok to have leather running underneath the bottom of the watch all the time.

I'm aware I'll have to pull back the strap for charging since it would be covering up the back.

I don't see anyone doing this and I'm just confused why.

Thanks!

Here is a pic of one of the straps I'm using:

https://imgur.com/96bJ2OM

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:08 AM

Hi

Apple Watch is designed to be worn on the top of the wrist, with the back of the watch in contact with your skin.

This enables various features to operate as intended including Wrist Detection, heart rate measurements and the delivery of haptic feedback by the Taptic Engine.

Note also that Apple recommends using only Apple-branded or Apple authorised bands with Apple Watch.

Apple advises that third-party bands:

• May damage Apple Watch:
    • Unauthorised third-party bands may have components that do not meet Apple's design specifications.
    • Such bands may, for example, become jammed in the watch (an example of this has been posted here previously), release too easily, fail to resist slide-out force, corrode easily or exhibit other issues.
  • May not fit properly.
  • May contain materials that cause skin sensitivities or other health concerns:

Every material in Apple bands that touches the skin has been extensively evaluated in accordance with Apple's specifications.

• Can interfere with features, as referenced above.

More information:

Band care information

Buy Apple Watch Bands - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 7:08 AM in response to zb223

Hi

Apple Watch is designed to be worn on the top of the wrist, with the back of the watch in contact with your skin.

This enables various features to operate as intended including Wrist Detection, heart rate measurements and the delivery of haptic feedback by the Taptic Engine.

Note also that Apple recommends using only Apple-branded or Apple authorised bands with Apple Watch.

Apple advises that third-party bands:

• May damage Apple Watch:
    • Unauthorised third-party bands may have components that do not meet Apple's design specifications.
    • Such bands may, for example, become jammed in the watch (an example of this has been posted here previously), release too easily, fail to resist slide-out force, corrode easily or exhibit other issues.
  • May not fit properly.
  • May contain materials that cause skin sensitivities or other health concerns:

Every material in Apple bands that touches the skin has been extensively evaluated in accordance with Apple's specifications.

• Can interfere with features, as referenced above.

More information:

Band care information

Buy Apple Watch Bands - Apple

Any reason to not use a one piece strap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.