Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to encode postal zip codes on an envelope

I would like to include postal zip code encoding to address envelopes and mailing labels (the string of lines that appear on the bottom of envelopes that make sure a friend gets all his bills, but only a fraction of his personal mail-greeting cards, etc. Is there an app for this? I tried searching the USPS website, but can't find anything i can understand and use.. I'm using Pages but would consider a word processing program that would allow me to do this on a MacBook Pro. Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:22 AM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2017 4:44 PM in response to accalcagno

If all you need to do is do the same label over and over again, create one in a Textbox in Pages or as a group the size of one label then repeat that over a page to match whatever labels you are using. All it is is a grid of rectangles on a page.

Align the first label to the exact position of the top left label on your sheets, then use Pages' align and distribute tools to get the rest into position.

The only catch is the postal bar code which you just need to capture as a graphic, either a bitmap or pdf and insert that into your table design.

Not that difficult. This would have taken a lot less time than you have already spent on finding a "Big Button" solution. The whole exercise shouldn't be more than 20 minutes work.

Having done it once you can save that as a template for further use.

Peter

How to encode postal zip codes on an envelope

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.