Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Playlists on a new store set-up 8Plus

New iPhone 8 that the store transferred all my data onto over from my old failing 6+

iTunes just welcomes me to either set up as new or restore from old back-up.

Problem is the old back-up is corrupted and very old due to recent backups not registering as a problem but now found to not exist.

The new phone option undoes new email accounts and other personalisation that I and the store have spent hours doing!

All I want to do is edit my playlists and add new tunes from my library.

The 'phone icon in iTunes is grey not black.

How can I easily get access to my playlists etc with no options available for that purpose other than either taking on board corrupt and out of date data or starting all over again as a new 'phone?

John

Windows 8

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 11:38 AM

Hello JCinNaseby,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, and congrats on your new iPhone 8. I understand you're running into some trouble setting up your iPhone in iTunes, and I have some information that may help.

What you are seeing is normal, and choosing "Set up as a new iPhone" will not delete or alter any data on your iPhone. Selecting this option merely tells iTunes that this device is new to your computer, and should be treated as such.

If you run into any trouble, or if the symptoms persist, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 11:38 AM in response to JCinNaseby

Hello JCinNaseby,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, and congrats on your new iPhone 8. I understand you're running into some trouble setting up your iPhone in iTunes, and I have some information that may help.

What you are seeing is normal, and choosing "Set up as a new iPhone" will not delete or alter any data on your iPhone. Selecting this option merely tells iTunes that this device is new to your computer, and should be treated as such.

If you run into any trouble, or if the symptoms persist, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Editing Playlists on a new store set-up 8Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.