Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restart my AppleTV over the internet?

After a long power failure (snow storm) I need to remotely restart my AppleTV 4 that is acting as a hub for my HomeKit devices. I don't see a way to auto-reboot when power is restored. Any help? Am I missing something?

David

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 2:24 PM

Hi. You cannot restart your Apple TV over the internet. AppleTV normally does restart when power is disconnected and restored, so it may actually be OK. Your problem may be with the router and the internet connection at the remote location. And Apple TV may need to be started after the internet connection is available. You should consider getting a large UPS to support these devices you depend on, the router and Apple TV.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 2:24 PM in response to sailor

Hi. You cannot restart your Apple TV over the internet. AppleTV normally does restart when power is disconnected and restored, so it may actually be OK. Your problem may be with the router and the internet connection at the remote location. And Apple TV may need to be started after the internet connection is available. You should consider getting a large UPS to support these devices you depend on, the router and Apple TV.

Dec 12, 2017 2:59 PM in response to sailor

As it turns out, I am unable to reach either server on my network. As Diana suggests, I suppose I will need to get a larger UPS, but this was a six-hour outage (Home in the NC mountains) and I guess the router (on a UPS) did not shut down gracefully 😦 Fortunately this doesn't happen that often. Thanks for your interest and these helpful replies.I

How can I restart my AppleTV over the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.