Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to know how to update my iPhone app's without paying for it

Hi.I have a iPhone 7 and need to know how to update my apps without having to pay for them every single time that I have to update them. Apple pay told me too download iTunes to be able to update my iPhone 7 apps. If there's any help you can give me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time in reading this.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:36 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2017 12:07 PM in response to mindilynn1971

It means that you have to establish some type of payment method in iTunes to be able to update your account. You will not be charged for Apps, but Apple requires the credit card. You can try and enter None as the payment method. This support document describes how to update your payment method. Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support This support document provides an explanation if you can choose None as the payment method. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203905

If you cannot select None, you can always try going to a local department or electronics store and purchase an iTunes Gift card, and redeem that into your account to create a credit balance.

Dec 12, 2017 9:40 AM in response to mindilynn1971

I'm not aware of too many apps that require you to pay for updates. I'm afraid that you are going to have to better explain the problem you are experiencing. Please describe what you are trying to do and what is happening when you try to do it. If you see any error messages, please provide the exact text of those errors. Are you possibly being told to update your payment information before you can download an update? If that is the case, just log into your iTunes account and update that payment information.

Need to know how to update my iPhone app's without paying for it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.