Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Display Question

I have a new Mac Pro 8-Core with the dual AMD FirePro D700s.

I am following the info from this article.
Use multiple displays with your Mac Pro (Late 2013) - Apple Support

Currently I have one display attached via bus 2, and the other via bus 0. I have tried all sorts of combinations but still no improvement.

I have tried using one OWC ThunderBolt 2 Dock along with a direct HDMI connection. I have also tried the same OWC dock with a Dual-Link Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter. But I get the same result. Both displays seem to be attached to the same video card.

This is a real issue, because i1Profiler seems to think both displays are the same one, so I am not getting a correct display calibration result.

Can this be remedied?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:16 AM

Both displays seem to be attached to the same video card.

You can attach up to six displays to that Mac, and all six will be shown as connected to one of the two cards. The other graphics card is reserved for GPU computations ONLY, and is not subject to being interrupted by mundane screen-refresh chores, which would greatly slow down its computations.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 10:16 AM in response to iGary

Both displays seem to be attached to the same video card.

You can attach up to six displays to that Mac, and all six will be shown as connected to one of the two cards. The other graphics card is reserved for GPU computations ONLY, and is not subject to being interrupted by mundane screen-refresh chores, which would greatly slow down its computations.

Dual Display Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.