Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon IJ Scan Utility crashes on High Sierra - RESOLVED

I upgraded to High Sierra 11/22/17. There have been some bumps along the way.

A few days ago, I hit a problem scanning with my Canon Pixma MG6821 (using IJ Scan Utility 2 -- I happened to still be on V2.1.6). The "scan" function would work, but as soon as I clicked "Exit" to signify the scan was complete, the utility would close immediately: no post-processing was done to produce the actual document on my hard drive.

I searched the Canon forums and sites and found there is a new level of the Canon Scan Utility available for download -- V2.3.5. It specifically states, as follows:

Update History

[Ver.2.3.5]
- macOS High Sierra (10.13) has been added as a supported OS.

I downloaded and installed this latest version and did a test scan -- successful! The printer still prints, too 😉

Here is a link to the latest driver:

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/0200482010.html

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), Time Capsule 4th gen

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 8:18 AM

This link you've provided takes you to a site that looks like Canon but in Thailand, there is no HTTPS meaning it's not secure or trusted.

Are you SURE this is a legitimate site and not a hacker?

I've been caught with this sort of thing before.

Cheers

Ken

7 replies

Feb 15, 2018 9:12 AM in response to UK99

Hi, Lynne

I'm finding the same thing. The guy I spoke to in Canon later yesterday gave me this link from their european site but it links to an old printer I had at home that is nothing to to with my new mac.

Here's the link I had, which is secure but it still doesn't let me do what I need to do.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifuncti onals/inkjet/maxify_mb_series/maxify_mb5350.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid= tcm:13-1439763

Canon IJ Scan Utility crashes on High Sierra - RESOLVED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.