Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay without the Mac -- possible?

iTunes on my laptop or from my iPhone works great with AirPlay via my Airport Express into my old amplifier and old hard-wired speakers, and I've been using it since forever, very stable, great sound from these classic Bose 901 speakers! Are there devices short of buying an Apple TV that would let me take the audio output of a not-smart TV (RCA outputs or HDMI) to "broadcast" that TV signal on wi-fi to my Airport Express -- the goal being to listen to my TV over the Bose speakers instead of the 4-inch speakers in the TV set. Put simply, I'm looking for some kind of an adapter box to stream the audio output of the TV across the room to my Airport Express.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 2:31 AM

Disappointed I didn't find an Airplay solution, I ultimately settled for the Nyrius Wireless Audio/Video Transmitter & Receiver with <sigh> analog component RCA jacks.

1 reply

AirPlay without the Mac -- possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.