Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot move an app from the computer to the iPad

Hello everybody,

My wife uses a iPad Mini with iOS 9.3.5. Actually, she is missing a app that she bought years ago on the appstore, "Flora NL.ipa".

For one or another reason, the app disappeared from the iPad, possibly she removed the app herself to cope with little amount of memory. So I tried to get it back on the iPad from the Appstore, but the requested app is not longer available on the Appstore. However, in the back-up on her MacMini, Flora NL.ipa seems to exist on the computer. A search through the computer' Finder shows that the app is 3 times present on the computer, under

Music:iTunes:iTunes Media:Mobile Applications,

Music:iTunes:iTunes Music:Mobile Applications,

Music:iTunes:Mobile Applications.

User uploaded file

Hereunder i.e. you can see that the app is present as backup in the computer:

User uploaded file

Now my question: Is there a way to get the app Flora NL.ipa back from the computer to the iPad? Is it possible to import this file only(without the others) ?

Many thanks already for reading my long question!

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 11:24 AM

Hi. Since it looks like you still have the ipa file, you may be in good shape. If you connect the iPad to the computer running iTunes, you may be able to drag/drop the ipa file onto the iPad. If your iTunes is not version 12.7, you can install the app from the apps menu.

2 replies

Cannot move an app from the computer to the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.