Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto picture editing?

I took a picture of some damage on my tub and now I would like to send the pictures to the manufacturer. Is there any way to add an arrow and/or a circle pointing to the damaged area on the pic?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:47 AM

Use Preview as an external editor. Preview will let you annotate a damage with circles or arrows, or call outs.

When you send the photo by Mail, you can use the Markup extension to add annotations to the photo.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 6:10 AM in response to gaucho10

Preview has been getting better and better during the last few years. We can do simple image edits, like making the background transparent, convert photos to a different format, add text and graphics, scan photos, or even download photos from the iPhone.

In particular, importing photos from the iPhone is much more convenient then importing using Photos for Mac, because preview is showing a list with metadata. I can use my Mac as a browser for the iPhone photos this way. On the iPhone I cannot see the filename, the filetype and the GPS coordinates in Photos, but preview on the Mac will show me the metadata:

User uploaded file

iPhoto picture editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.