Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Core NFC

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 7 using iOS11.2 and I want it to be able to read a device that uses NFC to communicate. I have visited many different websites that tell me that my iPhone is able to do so using Core NFC.

I just cannot find where to turn this on, if it even exists on my phone, or if I need to download something.

I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

William Irvine

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2

Posted on

Dec 12, 2017 11:12 AM in response to WilliamJIrvine In response to WilliamJIrvine

Core NFC is a developer framework for developing NFC compatible apps - it is not an app nor a setting or option on an iOS device. To read from your device, either the device manufacturer or someone else is going to have to or develop an iOS app to read messages from that device.

Dec 12, 2017 11:12 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 11:36 AM in response to Michael Black In response to Michael Black

Yes - it is the Glucome Areo 2K (a blood glucose meter) using Glucolog Lite or Glucolog Mobile.

I have contacted the app developers for both thos apps to check and see if I am doing something wrong. The only connection types that are shown is Bluetooth or Bluetooth Low Energy.

Dec 12, 2017 11:36 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 11:47 AM in response to WilliamJIrvine In response to WilliamJIrvine

According to those App’s descriptions in the App Store, they do not support NFC at all. The only support BlueTooth and the Glucomen low power BT devices.

See the bottom of https://www.glucomen.co.uk/quicklink-contactless-download/

APPLE

QuickLink™ connectivity is not currently supported by Apple iPhone or iPad devices. Updates will follow when they become available.

Dec 12, 2017 11:47 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: WilliamJIrvine

Question: Core NFC