Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (2015) Failed Hard Drive?

After updating to High Sierra (unsuccessfully) I encountered "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" and was not able to complete the update process. I am now stuck in a boot loop, I shut down, it tries to "update" and it just gives me the same message to no avail.

Here is what I've done so far:

Disk Utility - Hard drive doesn't show up. It used to until a NVRAM reset, now it is gone. Terminal - Tried running a ton of different mount/unmount commands, disk is verified (diskutil list) ONLY after running fsck -fy (in single user mode) and then pretty much disappears when trying to do anything else.

The best part: I can still access my windows partition (boot camp) without issue. I was able to back up all of my files via boot camp. I can consistently use that side of my hard drive without any issues at all. I'm able to read and write files to the mac partition from the windows side.

Anyone have any suggestions? If it weren't for me being able to access stuff via Windows, I'd have considered this hard drive dead in the water.

Feel free to bounce some ideas off of me. I'm still digging around in forums and such to try and figure out some other fixes. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:55 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro (2015) Failed Hard Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.