Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN NOT RESTORE IPHONE5S

i have got a broken locked iPhone 5 s.

model A1530,

imei ***aaac.

memory 16gb.

FCC id BCG-E2643A

IC 579C-E2643A

os version not sure.

Story- about 2 months ago i found this mobile on road side. screen was broken. i had managed a data cable to charge it. i had replaced with new screen worth 1400 rupees. after replacing screen i inserted a sim and used(only call receive and charging because it was locked) for 1 week.

after that i thought to restore it by using itunes. so i downloaded latest version of itunes and tried to restore.a file size of 2.44GB get downloaded and automatically getting extracted.After extarction iphone restarts for once.

But problem is that itunes is showing after extraction preparing iphone to restore and them waiting for iphone. this status remain for alll time and in iphone nothing is happening.

i am from India, state West bengal,city kolkata.

name- Kiran *** ,contact-*** (india)

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.3, OWNER NAME - TIMOTHLY DENHAM

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 11:10 AM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2017 11:21 AM in response to kiran54

This is a public forum, accessible to anyone who has Internet access. So it isn't a good place to put any personal information, such as your name, phone number, or IMEI

It's likely the phone has hardware problems and may not ever be usable. Or it may simply be a communications problem with the phone. Make sure you are using an Apple cable or one certified as Made for iPhone, and that you have connected it to a USB port directly on your computer (not a hub). The USB port must be able to supply at least 1/2 amp for the restore process to work.

Do you get an error message, or does it just wait forever?

CAN NOT RESTORE IPHONE5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.