Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to adjust ringer volume unless I go into settings

I was forewarned not to update to iOS11 due to many issues arising, and I didn't. I waited for Apple to fix whatever bugs were being reported and loaded iOS11.2 on my iPhone 6S Plus two days ago. I haven't gone through all the functions but now, as I'm heading to work and going through the usual motions.. I Want To Break This Thing!! I can't revert back to iOS10 now, can I..?

I'll start with the most annoying right now: Why, in the world, is the Bluetooth function on my phone temporarily disconnecting from my earplugs when I'm adjusting the ringer volume, or when I plug in a set of earphones, or Nothing at all!? It used to stay on before. If I have music on, then yes, the regular volume will work, but not the ringer volume. You'd think that if you're using Bluetooth/earphones, you would WANT to know how loud that ringer's going to be when someone calls. Lowering/raising your ringer without clicking into settings multiple times also kills time..

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / MA700LL

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:43 AM

1 reply

Unable to adjust ringer volume unless I go into settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.