Related Article

Family Sharing

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: What are the effects of withdrawing from Family Sharing of an Apple ID?

If a family member withdraws from Family Sharing, do they lose access to a shared iCloud Contacts list? Can they get restored?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Excellent Q! I realized that she has to be signed into TWO iCloud accounts: Mine to get our shared Contacts and hers for the rest. Thanks for asking such an inciteful question!!

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 12, 2017 12:48 PM in response to zinacef In response to zinacef

Thanks. That link says, "This might include an Apple Music family membership or a shared iCloud storage plan." But it doesn't say that one loses access to a shared iCloud Contacts list, which is what has happened. Any suggestions for getting back that connection to iCloud Contacts for the person who is no longer in the Family Sharing list?

Dec 12, 2017 12:48 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 4:22 AM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

Thanks. That link says, "This might include an Apple Music family membership or a shared iCloud storage plan." But it doesn't say whether one loses access to a shared iCloud Contacts list, which is what has happened. Any suggestions for getting back that connection to iCloud Contacts?

Dec 14, 2017 4:22 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 4:33 AM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

Thanks, Eric. I share contacts with my wife via shared iCloud Contacts using my Apple ID. iCloud Contacts allow her access to Groups in her Mac, as well as to me on my MacBook Pro and iDevices, but I then sync the iCloud Contacts with Google Contacts so that Gmail can populate email addresses. As soon as I removed my wife as a Shared Family member from my Apple ID, she lost access to the iCloud Contacts on her Mac. She can still get Google Contacts but they don't display Groups. How do I get access for her Mac to the iCloud Contacts?

Dec 14, 2017 4:33 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: davidatswans

Question: What are the effects of withdrawing from Family Sharing of an Apple ID?