Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Siri's "How long until?" feature rounding to the nearest hour, and can we have the old way back?

iPhone 5S 64GB
iOS 11.2
================
Hello Apple Communities,
A little While back (less than a year) I discovered a handy little feature of Siri that I use on an almost nightly basis. When I go to bed, I like to set a timer rather than an alarm, as it gives me that extra incentive to get up since there is no snooze button, and It makes me think about how many hours of sleep I am getting each night before my head hits the pillow. Unfortunately the feature I am speaking of recently (in the past two or so, updates to iOS) had an update that is making this routine less convenient.

At night, before bed, I would routinely ask Siri "How long until 6am?" to which she would happily reply "It's 8 hours and 37 minutes until then." for example. I would then ask her to "Set a timer for 8 hours and 37 minutes" She would comply and I would lay down knowing that I would most likely get my 8 hours rest that night.

Unfortunately something has changed now that when I ask her "How long until 6am?" She would reply with "It's 8 hours until then" even though it's 9:23pm. She is rounding down, which admittedly isn't a huge problem, just more of an inconvenience, that I would love to see corrected. Is there any chance of getting the old calculations back?

Thank you for your time!

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2, 64GB

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 11:12 AM

There are no replies.

Why is Siri's "How long until?" feature rounding to the nearest hour, and can we have the old way back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.