Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't install new software or apps

Hi, my iPhone 6s is connected to wifi and working perfectly, although when I try to install apps - it doesn't load. And when I try to update my software it says "unable to check for update" - even though I am connected to wifi which works perfectly on the phones safari and on my other devices. So why is this?

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:01 PM

Zahra04,

Hmm, your symptoms seem to fit the issue of a bad WiFi connection. You said that Safari still works. Is it possible that it it using cellular data instead of WiFi?

Anyway, I guess that the first thing to do is a restart if you have not already done that.

Then double check your WiFi:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Let us know if you get it going. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 3:01 PM in response to Zahra04

Zahra04,

Hmm, your symptoms seem to fit the issue of a bad WiFi connection. You said that Safari still works. Is it possible that it it using cellular data instead of WiFi?

Anyway, I guess that the first thing to do is a restart if you have not already done that.

Then double check your WiFi:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Let us know if you get it going. Good luck.

iPhone won't install new software or apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.