Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Re-Import

If I reimport my footage will it create duplicates? I am trying to regenerate proxy files and it won't let me because of space (even though I already had them there).

I am hoping I can reimport all of my footage and ask for it to create proxies.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:24 PM in response to Hugo A Ramirez In response to Hugo A Ramirez

So the media wasn't in the library. Did you open a library from the FCP backups or something else? How much free space on the external? You've already got everything on there including renders and proxies, original and optimized if you did that and other caches.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 12, 2017 11:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the quick reply! I had a HDD error where it said the event was messed up. So I loaded a backup and deleted the original (that had the proxies). I guess I am not understanding why I had the space before and not now. It's the exact same project.

Thoughts?

Dec 12, 2017 11:31 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:00 PM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

Hey Tom,

I have everything on an external drive and editing using proxies. My HDD got disconnected improperly - and when the Library reloaded itself it was corrupt. So I reverted to a backup from this morning and deleted the corrupted Library. Now I am trying to regenerate the proxy files but it's saying I don't have enough room....even though I had enough room before.

Dec 12, 2017 1:00 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:24 PM in response to Hugo A Ramirez In response to Hugo A Ramirez

So the media wasn't in the library. Did you open a library from the FCP backups or something else? How much free space on the external? You've already got everything on there including renders and proxies, original and optimized if you did that and other caches.

Dec 12, 2017 1:24 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 12, 2017 1:24 PM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

I opened from backups - because the project was no longer in the corrupted library.

I have 2.5tb available (Library is 2.7tb and Project is 1.8tb)

In the backup file - only original show up. No optimized or proxy

Dec 12, 2017 1:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Hugo A Ramirez In response to Hugo A Ramirez

You have to rebuild the optimized and proxies if you want them. You're getting a error message why you try to rebuild the proxies? I don't understand that unless the backup library is assigned to store media in the right location.

I also understand what this "Library is 2.7tb and Project is 1.8tb" means?

Dec 12, 2017 1:33 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Hugo A Ramirez

Question: Re-Import