Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS 10.13.2 download crashes

I've tried to download 10.13.2 upgrade on two separate MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina (2014 & 2015) machines at three different locations(DSL, Cable and Satellite links). Each download has crashed and restarted the download around the 1.6-1.8Gb point. I see other users have managed to download this upgrade so I find it strange that we can't do so

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 11:44 AM

Several further restarts of downloads --which each stopped at different points, finally after downloading only a small portion of the file, the system stopped, restarted and installed the upgrade on both machines. So, finally we've got there but the confusion is that no restarted download did anything other than report that it needed to download the full file from scratch...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 11:44 AM in response to Bird flier

Several further restarts of downloads --which each stopped at different points, finally after downloading only a small portion of the file, the system stopped, restarted and installed the upgrade on both machines. So, finally we've got there but the confusion is that no restarted download did anything other than report that it needed to download the full file from scratch...

Dec 13, 2017 5:03 PM in response to Bird flier

Quick warning: The App Store update to 10.13.2 kept hanging up for me, so I downloaded the standalone Combo update and installed it on my 2012 version MacBook Pro. After restarting itself, the progress bar hung up at around 25%, and it restarted again. The machine just kept restarting, and nothing I did made a difference. I couldn’t get it to start up. Thank God I had a fresh Time Machine backup. It’s midway through a 5-6 hour restoration right now. Hey, Apple- I don’t know if this matters, but I had fixed the root vulnerability with a password, then updated to 10.13.1 when it came along.

MacOS 10.13.2 download crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.