Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS 10.13.2 (second version) update killed thunderbolt support

I updated my 2017 macbook pro with 10.13.2 (the second version. Had already 10.13.2 on my computer, but Tim/Apple thought I needed a new version of it).

After completed installation: my thunderbolt diskarray wont work. macOS thinks the disks are empty "do you want to initizie the disks?"

In diskutil the disks are empty. FirstAid does not help.

Since everyone I know with a mac have had problem with this update, I actually took out the disks from the array and put them in an USB dock. Yes they work.

The update have killed thunderbolt support. I use a Thudnerbolt 3 to 2(1) adapter. I guess Apple messed it up and killed their own support. This is Microsoft competence.

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 11:33 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 11:57 AM in response to Shompa

Sorry to say but you are wrong. Works quite well on three different computers here. The problem was likely from updating an underlying system that was malfunctioning such that the update made it worse. My suggestion is to download and install the macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Combo Update. See if that doesn't fix things for you.

If it doesn't try booting into Safe Mode to see if your array will now work. If you created this array prior to Sierra and connected it to your new computer then it would help to re-create it. The new version of Disk Utility has a RAID Assistant that you will find under the File menu.

macOS 10.13.2 (second version) update killed thunderbolt support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.