Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 keeps using up my cellular data, after I have turned most off my apps off from using the data. How do I fix this problem?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2. I already turned most of my apps off from using cellular data but that doesn’t work

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:10 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 3:18 PM in response to Dzebabyxo

Dzebabyxo,

Hmm, I guess that you know about going to Settings > Cellular and scrolling down to CELLULAR DATA and looking at the apps using your data.

One thing that might help is to Reset Statistics (at the very bottom) to coincide with your billing period. Then monitor it through-out the month and when it approaches your limit, turn off Cellular data entirely and only use WiFi. I actually do that myself and it works reasonably well.

That's all I got. Good luck.

My iPhone 8 keeps using up my cellular data, after I have turned most off my apps off from using the data. How do I fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.