Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to setup Paypal as my payment method in Apple ID.

Hi everyone,

a while back there was announced that I could add PayPal as my pay method to use in the App Store and iTunes Store. I was able to set it up perfectly and I could use it no problem. I changed it back to credit card since I wasn’t able to purchase anything from the Apple Store App.

Right now I want to set it back to Paypal but the option isn’t there for me to choose anymore.

I do have an iCloud Drive subscribtion for €0,99 per month, does this have anything to do with it?

(Maybe I have to unsubscribe from the iCloud Drive subscription, then change the payment method and after that re-subsrcibe to the iCloud Drive subscription?)

I’ve tried many things:

• Logging out of my Apple ID on several devices and signing back in
  • Re-selecting my country which in my Apple ID is based (I chose the same country as it was already in, but I was curious if this did anything.)
  • Restarting several devices
  • Trying to change it on the devices itself and on www.appleid.apple.com

None of these things worked for me and I was wondering if anyone else has or had the same problem as me.

Is there anything that I could do that you guys know about?

I already contacted Apple via their Twitter account and searched on many websites on how to set up Paypal (also the official steps on the Apple Support page).

I’m located in The Netherlands and Paypal should be available in my country (that’s why I could set it up a while back).

Thanks, Milan

iOS 11.0.3, iPhone X, Face ID

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:43 PM

2 replies

Unable to setup Paypal as my payment method in Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.