Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to re-install OS X LION using Internet reinstall

Hello everyone. I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro, and as I was looking to sell it, I backed up my data to an external harddrive and then proceeded to wipe the HD.

I then went to reinstall MAC OS X, but when I tried to reinstall Sierra it would reach the end of the installation screen, restart and then tell me that there is an error and that I should retry.

Since then I have only been able to use internet recovery. When proceeding to install Lion, I log in using my apple ID and password and then I'm prompted with the following error message:

"This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later"

Whilst this happened I was on chat support to an Apple technician. He suggested that I buy Lion on my apple ID, because it wasn't showing in my purchases.

I've since bought Lion and in my purchases I can see 'High Sierra'. However, whenever I try to install Lion (this is the only one internet recovery allows) I'm left with the same error message that it is temporarily unavailable.

I'm really struggling now and need help. Any advice?

If it helps, I have access to both another Macbook Pro and an iMac (both family members). These are both on Yosemite.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:17 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to re-install OS X LION using Internet reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.