Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Clip Import Issue) Must close and reopen Final Cut Pro X

When attempting to import clips to the timeline -- FCP will NOT allow the clip to be added unless I close the app and reopen it. This is 100% a bug. Please fix this.

2017 Macbook Pro

High Sierra

Steps

Step 1) Drag clip to timeline (FCP won't allow clip to be added)

Step 2) Close Final Cut Pro

Step 3) Reopen Final Cut Pro

Step 4) Clip can now be added to the timeline

iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:53 PM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2017 1:57 PM in response to lysoleverywhere

Just to be clear, are you talking about:

a) dragging a clip from outside FCP X (e.g. from the Finder) directly to a FCP X timeline?

or

b) dragging a clip from the browser to the timeline?

I assume you mean a) since the title of your post uses the word "Import".

If so, does it work if you actually use File->Import to import files?

FWIW, even though it is supported, dragging a file directly to the timeline has drawbacks, IMHO: you do not have access to the Import Window, so all the options are taking from defaults - including to which event the clip goes, whether or not optimized/proxy is created, and whether the file is copied or left in place. I much prefer to confirm those settings visually in the Import window; besides, I rarely want to use the full length of the clip in the timeline.

(Clip Import Issue) Must close and reopen Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.