Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Heart Rate

Good evening Folks,

I bought the above roughly three weeks ago and have been using it every day since.

Now I wouldn't say I'm an overly healthy person, but I wouldn't say I'm totally out of shape.

I have a couple questions about the Heart Rate feature and if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

When I check my heart rate for example for the first couple seconds it will show 95bpm, then all of a sudden down to 70bpm (which is what I would think my heart rate would be roughly about at the time of checking), does this problem happen with anyone else? I mean I've seen it go from 110bpm to 65bpm within seconds and it totally ruins my health app readings (obviously I can delete them, but you think it would wait to show an accurate reading).

Also I recently had a Fitbit and wore it for roughly a month which gave me a resting heart rate of approx 66bpm, however the Apple Watch is showing my average as 53bpm, I feel this is a fair difference?

Hopefully see your responses soon.

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:37 AM

Hi

Apple provides the following information regarding heart rate readings and factors that can affect their accuracy:

If you are in any doubt regarding the accuracy of the readings, then - whilst keeping in mind that Apple Watch is not a medical device - you may wish to consult your doctor / physician.

Otherwise, if you would like to submit feedback or suggestions to Apple in respect of the readings being logged, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

If you are concerned about a possible hardware defect with your Apple Watch, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

More information:

Important safety information

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 2:37 AM in response to Jamsie21

Hi

Apple provides the following information regarding heart rate readings and factors that can affect their accuracy:

If you are in any doubt regarding the accuracy of the readings, then - whilst keeping in mind that Apple Watch is not a medical device - you may wish to consult your doctor / physician.

Otherwise, if you would like to submit feedback or suggestions to Apple in respect of the readings being logged, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

If you are concerned about a possible hardware defect with your Apple Watch, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

More information:

Important safety information

Apple Watch Series 3 Heart Rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.