Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage help needed: How do I import contacts from the iCloud onto my MacBook itself?

I am new to the Apple family, so bear with me!

My goal is to sync all of my contacts from iCloud into iMessage so I can send texts from my computer.

I have used every troubleshooting technique that I can find. So far I have activated the iCloud on this MacBook in every setting. When I open the brown Contacts application in the bottom toolbar, all of my contacts appear under "All iCloud." However, the "All On My Mac" section is blank.
1.) How do I transfer my contacts from the iCloud to the storage of my Mac itself, so that they show up in the All On My Mac section?

2.) Will accomplishing this make my contacts appear in iMessage so I can send texts from my MacBook?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:18 PM

2 replies

iMessage help needed: How do I import contacts from the iCloud onto my MacBook itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.