Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme wifi password

Hi,

I have 4 AirPort Extreme at my house and now the Airports are asking the wifi password and when I put the password (I know Im placing the right password) its saying that the password is not correct.

I have noticed that this applies mainly on the 5GHz network.

Another point, out of my 4 airports, 2 are from Europe and 2 from USA. I notice that on 5GHz you can select the countries and the Europeans off course covers some countries and the ones from USA covers another set of countries. is this an issue?some channels issues?

I guess it has something to do with the channels on the wifi. Everything is automatic.

Any ideas?

Tks a lot.

null-OTHER, Other OS, Airport Extreme

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:48 AM

This is a problem with overall connection and not the password itself.

Often the only way to fix it is to setup manually. Especially when you have routers from different countries.

Reset the whole lot to factory and start again.. the first in the chain is the key.. whichever is main router or is plugged into your main router.

Are you using extend wireless or ethernet connections and roaming network??

Extend wireless is not going to work well between different countries.

Your clients may or may not be able to connect.. depending on the drivers being used.. but the 5ghz is entirely different between US and Europe.. so this is overall not a great idea.

You can set all the channels manually to ones that are legal in your area.. leaving the airport from US to work automatically will put it on channels that are not legal in Europe.

And you will also not get all the options you would if the routers were Euro sourced.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2017 4:48 AM in response to gerbovic

This is a problem with overall connection and not the password itself.

Often the only way to fix it is to setup manually. Especially when you have routers from different countries.

Reset the whole lot to factory and start again.. the first in the chain is the key.. whichever is main router or is plugged into your main router.

Are you using extend wireless or ethernet connections and roaming network??

Extend wireless is not going to work well between different countries.

Your clients may or may not be able to connect.. depending on the drivers being used.. but the 5ghz is entirely different between US and Europe.. so this is overall not a great idea.

You can set all the channels manually to ones that are legal in your area.. leaving the airport from US to work automatically will put it on channels that are not legal in Europe.

And you will also not get all the options you would if the routers were Euro sourced.

Dec 13, 2017 11:33 AM in response to gerbovic

I was not aware of the 5G differences between US and Europe.

The wiki article helps you to see the differences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Im using Ethernet connections.

Ok.. that is helpful.

Is the first Airport working as main router? If so you should not have too much problem.. but it is good to use static IP on the other airports.

What model are your extreme?

Talk to me direct and I might be able to help you put them all on one country.

rayhav@gmail.com

Airport Extreme wifi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.