Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife and I share apple ID's - if I switch..

If I take my wife's phone off my apple ID and create her a new one - won't that screw up all the content? Is there a way to share the apple ID for the music we've downloaded. The problem is we are getting the same facetime calls... how do I fix this without wreaking havoc on her pictures, backup, etc?

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:32 PM

Jason1001 wrote:

If I take my wife's phone off my apple ID and create her a new one - won't that screw up all the content? Is there a way to share the apple ID for the music we've downloaded. The problem is we are getting the same facetime calls... how do I fix this without wreaking havoc on her pictures, backup, etc?

yes family sharing:

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Yes you need separate apple id for imessage/facetime.

once you change the id, you should be able to do a backup on icloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 4:32 PM in response to Jason1001

Jason1001 wrote:

yes family sharing:

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Yes you need separate apple id for imessage/facetime.

once you change the id, you should be able to do a backup on icloud.

My wife and I share apple ID's - if I switch..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.