Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text/iMessage Recovery

I had an iPhone 5 up until February when it crashed. I now have an SE iOS 11.1.2 and need to know how to recover texts and iMessages saved on iCloud from the old phone. The documents I’ve seen so far say that they’ll be restored automatically (which it has not done). Could someone help me out please? Thanks

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:53 PM

They are not saved anywhere at all. They are part of an iCloud or iTunes backup and can be restored by restoring the entire device contents with the backup.

But other than a backuo file, they are not kept, saved or archived anywhere. Both Apple and carriers purge text messages once delivered, or in a few days if undeliverable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 3:53 PM in response to Edmcby

They are not saved anywhere at all. They are part of an iCloud or iTunes backup and can be restored by restoring the entire device contents with the backup.

But other than a backuo file, they are not kept, saved or archived anywhere. Both Apple and carriers purge text messages once delivered, or in a few days if undeliverable.

Text/iMessage Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.