Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: making a slideshow and I keep getting grey spacers in between images

I am dragging multiple still images to the timeline and retiming them all at once and when I zoom I'm getting grey spacers in between images. This has not happened at every instance though

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 9:13 AM in response to jeffrey1971 In response to jeffrey1971

A gap clip is what you call a spacer. Don't know what would cause this. I can't make the problem happen.

Trick to get rid of the gaps. Go to the timeline index and in the search at the top type in "gap." It will show all the gaps. Select them in the index and delete them.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 13, 2017 7:03 AM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

I'm new to this so I don't really know all the ins and outs, obviously! You helped me the other day when I wanted to set the time for multiple still images by showing me control D. I drag any number of stills to the timeline hit control D and type in let's say 400. I did this for several sections of the piece. When I went back over it to sync up the audio I zoomed in and saw that these grey bars were between frames. But some of the sections I brought in were fine, not affected like this. There were some I looked at later that had several of the grey spacers (up to 5 in one area). I got rid of them before I thought to screengrab this. The images are all jpgs exported from Keynote files all created within the last several days, exported one after the other so I don't see any issue with wildly different files etc. I'm not sure what a gap clip is. The time of the spacer was .01, so yes 1 frame. The frame rate is 29.97.

Dec 13, 2017 7:03 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 9:13 AM in response to jeffrey1971 In response to jeffrey1971

A gap clip is what you call a spacer. Don't know what would cause this. I can't make the problem happen.

Trick to get rid of the gaps. Go to the timeline index and in the search at the top type in "gap." It will show all the gaps. Select them in the index and delete them.

Dec 13, 2017 9:13 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: jeffrey1971

Question: making a slideshow and I keep getting grey spacers in between images