Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meeting Invite and Calendar Interoperability

Will Apple make meeting invite response, updates, and calendar events interoperable between Apple and other platforms (i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendars, and whatever Android does 😉)?

Two realities I've found, the entire world will not adopt Apple and operate solely on the Apple platform (although it would be awesome), and there are very commonly used capabilities that lack interoperability between all the platforms people consume.

1. When I send or receive a meeting invite from Microsoft Outlook, it is not received as a connected calendar event invite on Apple Calendar or Mail, it does not appear as an Invitation in Calendar inbox either. When I open the attachment of the email I can create the event in my calendar, but when I select Accept, Maybe, or Decline, nothing is sent to the event owner. Bottom line, this is not a seamless capability. The event owner is never notified of my decision. And updates are also not processed cleanly.

2. When I create an event in Apple and invite non-Apple recipients they get a link that requires them to open a browser to accept the invite, which is fine for the Apple event owner, but for the recipient it does not initiate their calendar to add the activity (like in Outlook, I don't see the event I accepted added) and is a lot of unnecessary steps.

There is much to gain if all of the platform vendors would cooperate and identify capabilities that all people (customers) use and seek means to make them seamlessly interoperable and to some extent standardized.

Thoughts? Apple, I would love to see you lead in this arena.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:37 PM

There are no replies.

Meeting Invite and Calendar Interoperability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.