Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some pictures I took on iPhone uneditable on iPhoto?

The editing options gray out. Never happened before. The only thing I discovered is when I click on Get Info instead of saying Apple iPhone 7 Plus, with all the details of that photo, it says No camera information. No lens information. Is this a phone setting I screwed up?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.2, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-in) OS 10.12.6

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:51 PM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2017 9:50 AM in response to léonie

léonie wrote:

That has nothing to do with Photos for Mac where you posted

A merry-go-round, Larry ? TD had the post already relocated once, from the iPhoto Forum.(https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8197215?answerId=32709653022#32709653022)

And unless the OP supplies information and answers question no one can possible help even after their posting in the wrong forum has been corrected -- they are not using iCloud backup for IOS to move the photos to the Mac so knowing how they are doing it is important information that has been ask twice and not answered

LN

Dec 13, 2017 8:39 AM in response to Marshall Karp

That has nothing to do with Photos for Mac where you posted and does not move your photos anyplace - is is a backup for IOS devices and does not involve the Mac in any way nor can you access the backup using any photo software - it can be restored to your IPOS device but not used as a data file for operations

The question remains unanswered

What version of the OS and IOS and how are you getting the photos from the Phone to the Mac? Are you editing them on the phone prior to moving them to the Mac?

LN

Why are some pictures I took on iPhone uneditable on iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.