Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot under wifi setting iPad

My ipad (IOS 11.1) is showing a Personal Hotspot under the wifi setting. Clicking on the Judy's iPhone Personal hotspot produces a error that say it can't connect. The iPad does not have a SIM card, only wifi. The iPhone was called Judy's iPhone, but i changed it to JBiPhone and now JBiPhone, with hotspot turned on, comes up on the iPad as a normal wifi network, and connects and works OK

I turned both the iPad and the iPhone off, left them a while and then turned them back on

How do i get rid of the Personal Hotspot / Judy's iphone as shown below

User uploaded file

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 5:05 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2017 9:10 PM in response to BBfromACT

If you’ve got a computer try to do it via USB. First, connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable. Second, choose iPad from the list of network services in your settings. Third, select/deselect the appropriate options.

When you’re finished, don’t forget to “eject” your iPad before pulling the USB cable from either the computer or iPad.

Personal Hotspot under wifi setting iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.