Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot the password for my iPhone 6 and I know my Apple ID and password. Can I change the password to unlock my phone

I have my iPhone 6. I forgot my password to unlock my phone. Can I use the Apple ID and password on another phone to be able to unlock my iPhone 6?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:19 PM

No.

The passcode cannot be bypassed. If you enter the wrong passcode in too many times, the device will become disabled, and once your iPhone is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to restore it to new condition.

Connect the iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. Hold down the power button and the home button while the screen goes dark, and then the Apple appears and disappears and then the iTunes logo appears. Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPhone, you can let go of the buttons. (If this is an iPhone 7 or newer, you'll hold down the home button and he volume-down button instead.)

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPhone. Select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPhone, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPhone will be ready when it says hello on the iPhone screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 7:19 PM in response to Badluck22

No.

The passcode cannot be bypassed. If you enter the wrong passcode in too many times, the device will become disabled, and once your iPhone is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to restore it to new condition.

Connect the iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. Hold down the power button and the home button while the screen goes dark, and then the Apple appears and disappears and then the iTunes logo appears. Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPhone, you can let go of the buttons. (If this is an iPhone 7 or newer, you'll hold down the home button and he volume-down button instead.)

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPhone. Select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPhone, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPhone will be ready when it says hello on the iPhone screen.

I forgot the password for my iPhone 6 and I know my Apple ID and password. Can I change the password to unlock my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.