Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found ipad 2, took to apple store to find owner, apple won't contact owner due to privacy laws. What can I do to find owner? It's icloud locked

Found an ipad 2 wifi, took to apple store to find owner, apple won't contact owner due to privacy laws. What can I do to find owner? It's icloud locked and owner reported it lost but didn't leave contact info. icloud partial email is on the device, and I spoke to icloud dept, but they say they can't contact the owner either due to privacy laws ~ it's all so stupid. All I want to do is get this ipad back to it's owner. It's of no use to anyone else other than for parts.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:40 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 5:07 PM in response to JenAZyogaMama

Yeah I used to think Apple would help out but apparently they can't or won't so without knowing the owner there's not much you can do other than turn it into the police and hope the owner is searching for it and claims it.

You could try posting a partially obscured serial number in case they search for it. Or hope they set a lock screen message with contact details.

Found ipad 2, took to apple store to find owner, apple won't contact owner due to privacy laws. What can I do to find owner? It's icloud locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.