Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to copy music from my itunes library onto an iphone 5. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to go there.

I have an older iPhone 5 that I've been using as an audio player. I want to put more songs on it, but I'm unable to click and drag from my iTunes on my iMac to the music icon on the phone, or to any of the available playlists (recently added, etc.). Please help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 6:51 PM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017 4:12 PM in response to njmcbeth

Hello njmcbeth,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you've been unable to drag and sync music to your iPhone from iTunes. Music is crucial on my devices, I can understand your concern. I'm happy to help.

If you have iCloud Music Library turned on, you can't manually manage music on your iPhone. Please use the steps and information in the link below:
Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes

Please let us know if the issue persists. Include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

I'm trying to copy music from my itunes library onto an iphone 5. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to go there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.