Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps history keeps coming back after being deleted (iOS 11.2)

Hi,

My Apple Maps keeps bringing back history that I have deleted. It goes something like this:

- Swipe left on entry, hit delete (sometimes I have to do this twice), entry disappear, and stays gone.

- Completely close Maps (close it from the App switcher).

- Open Apple Maps and see deleted entry is back!

I have tried everything. I tried clearing the entries using Maps on my Mac. Tried deleting and reinstalling Maps. Tried resetting Privacy and Location settings and clearing significant locations. I even performed a full reset of my iPhone (Reset content and settings) and restored as new. Nothing worked. Also, as my last resort, I spoke with two Apple Support representatives and the last one gave up and hanged the phone on me while I was on hold.

Anyway, I think this is an iCloud related issue. When I turn off Maps form iCloud settings the entry I try to delete disappears but it comes back when I activate it gain. Something similar is happening with iCloud remembering credit cards that were removed from Apple Pay in the past. My iPhone keeps suggesting me to add them every time I try to add a new card and there's no option to remove them for good. I'm really not sure whats going on.

Is anyone experiencing this? Found a couple of posts with people having the same issues (like this one: iOS 10 Apple Maps deleted history keeps coming back!) but there was no evident solution in the replies.

I would really appreciate any help with these issue.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 10:17 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I (and many others) still have this same problem.

I just posted a reply to this other more active thread I found: Can't delete Maps history. It keeps coming back.

But it looks like we're all in this damaged boat together.

2 replies

Apple Maps history keeps coming back after being deleted (iOS 11.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.