Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps app refuses to work?

I have consistently tried to use the maps app and suddenly it doesn’t work anymore! It was working fine but now it always says “start on *road name*” even if I’m already on that road or past it. Once inserting the location I want to go it gives the overview but then freezes and tells me to start on a road I’m already on. The car marker also doesn’t move while I’m moving. I tried google maps and I had a similar issue so I think it’s a location services issue. So far I’ve tried resetting my entire phone (6s), reset network, reset location, toggled the location services switch, put my phone on airplane mode and off again, and shut down my phone. Getting desperate to be able to get places I need to be. Thanks and have a great day!

Ex:

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:08 PM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017 9:15 AM in response to phoneuser2019

Hello phoneuser2019,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble using Apple Maps and Google Maps, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps.

Get help with Maps - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, or if the symptoms persist, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Maps app refuses to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.