Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does it mean when an App in the Dock shows a number in the upper right of the App icon?

User uploaded file

I have an iMac that was purchased last year and I am learning the nuances of the High Sierra OS. On my iMac, Reminders and Calendar both have numbers in the upper right of their respective App icons? What actually does this mean? I assume they indicate the number of events pending for that particular day, but correct me if I am in error. When I launch ether App, there is nothing listed. I do not know how to remove the numbers. I have read numerous High Sierra Resource Books and other than explaining what the App is, there is no mention of the little red dot with a number inserted or its meaning, unless there is an Apple Doc which describes its purpose.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 8:43 PM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 6:19 AM in response to Niel

There is not much to look at in the two Apps

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Both of the events appeared 12/10/2017 and are still listed today. There was really nothing on the Reminders DisplayChecking around the Calendar Display I found the image below. I can't tell you what it is nor do I remember creating an event for them. I clicked the 'Decline' button. but nothing happened

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

What does it mean when an App in the Dock shows a number in the upper right of the App icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.